Our Commitment to Our Audiences
Our top priority is the safety of the Met’s audiences, artists, orchestra, chorus, and staff. In consultation with medical and public health experts, the Met has implemented a mandatory vaccination and booster policy for audiences, who must show proof of vaccination upon arrival at the Met. All artists, orchestra, chorus, and staff are required to do the same.
Overview of Audience Health and Safety Requirements
The following is a summary of the key health and safety requirements currently in place at the Met. Please be sure to also read the detailed requirements below.
- All audience members must be fully vaccinated, including children.
- Those eligible must receive a booster shot.
- Negative Covid tests will not be accepted as an alternative to vaccination proof.
- Face masks are always required, except when eating or drinking in designated areas. Gaiters, bandanas, and masks with exhalation valves are not permitted.
- All audience members must present in-person verification of vaccination and a government issued photo ID to enter the opera house.